Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
1. Solve logarithmic equations using the
properties of logarithms.
2. Solve exponential equations.
3. Solve equations involving exponential
1. One-to-One Property of Logarithms
One-to-One Property of Logarithms
In the following property, M, N, and a are positive real
numbers, with a ≠ 1.
If logaM = logaN, then M = N.
1. Solving Logarithm Equations
2. Solving Exponential Equations
3. Exponential Models
The compound interest formula states that the future value of P
dollars invested in an account paying an annual interest rate r,
compounded n times per year for t years, is given by